Saturday, January 16, 2010

Christmas 2009

Ok so I know this is waaaaaay overdue but I have been really busy! So here are our Christmas vacation pictures with some brief words about the trip.
Of course, the day before we are flying home, one of the worst snow storms in decades hits the East Coast! In this picture we are sitting in the Tucson airport, having no idea when we would actually make it to VA. When we left our house for the airport, our 2nd flight from Chicago to Richmond was still on, but by the time we got to the airport it had been cancelled. Luckily, we were able to still fly into Chicago that day, spend the night there, then catch an 8 am flight into Richmond the next morning. Honestly, that night in the Chicago hotel was probably our most relaxing, Eli went right to sleep on the second bed (surrounded by lots of pillows!) and we watched tv and had pizza and beer. We made it in to Richmond fine the next morning, but the roads were so bad that ti took us longer to get to Grottoes than it took us to fly from Chicago to Richmond!
Eli sporting his warm winter hat. I was very paranoid that he would freeze, but he did well!


In his warm fleece set that Aunt Laura bought for him, this was plenty warm!


In the car seat. His eyes are still bright blue!



Eating with Aunt Laura. She is good at this!


Uncle Bob had fun playing with little man.



Eli and Grandma Edith.


Eli, O'pa and O'ma at my parent's house. My cousin Ley in the background.


Taking a bath at Nanny's house (Jeff's mom). Several nights we drove over to her house after she got off work and had dinner and slept there. I was worried that it would be too much for Eli but he just went along with it!



Chewing on daddy's mail.


At my parent's house.



Cleaning turkeys for Christmas day dinner. Of course we didn't let Eli touch anything but he didn't mind.


Sponaugle family Christmas in my sister's basement. We had a great time! I think this picture is funny because it looks like I have antlers coming out of my head!


We had Eli baptised (apparently they don't call it christening anymore???) Christmas Eve at our home church.





Christmas Eve at Laura's house.











Christmas morning at my parent's house. Eli got lots of toys and books!












Dad loves his new lounge chair!






Jeff likes to cut the turkey because he can snack on it.



Christmas lunch at my parents' house

After Christmas lunch, we went over the Jason and Wendy's house, Jeff's brother and sister in law. I was so wrapped up in that that I didn't take many pictures! But here is one of Waylon with the custom Sesame Street book we gave him (with his picture and name in it), he loved it!
I got to go visit Diana, my good friend since preschool. Here we are at her house with out little men, Eli and Payton. Eli had an ear infection coming on that day so he was not a happy camper!

Eli in his snow suit! He could hardly move!







Eli and granddaddy.



Our last full day at home, we had hog butchering day. We did 6 pigs, that's a lot of meat! But we got to bring home 50 pounds of pork, yum!



One big kettle of lard.




No comments: