Thursday, January 1, 2009

14 weeks 5 days

This was me about a month ago:




And this is me today at 14 weeks 5 days along:





The belly is definitely growing! Notice the comfy materinty jeans, which are definitely the best things EVER. I think I might wear them forever!


I haven't updated this site in a while, I promise I will try harder from now on! The past 2 months have been pretty crazy though. After Thanksgiving when the parents were here, I travelled to Virginia for a week and a half of training for my job. I was able to make it home during my free weekend and see everyone. I finally met 2 wonderful new babies - our nephew Waylon who was born in July (Jeff's brother's baby), and Payton, newly adopted by our friends Diana and Wes. What perfect beautful little boys! It was fun holding them and wondering what it would be like to have my own soon to care for, which was also slightly terrifying. I picked up some good hints and ideas, and Diana even sent me home with my first baby clothes and a name book! Thanks again Diana! I also got to see quite a few of my family members, and spent some good time with my mom, dad and especially my sister. I think Laura is as excited about the baby as we are! It ws very good to be home, and it made me very home sick. We will make it home soon, we promise!


Upon my return to AZ, I of course came down with a bad cold and had to cram for my final accounting exam while learning a new job. Yeh, pretty stressful! We did however get to have an ultrasound, and here is the first baby picture of our little one:




We think he/she is sucking the thumb here! It was so funny to see the ultrasound, it was very active, jumping and moving around, and punching its arms like it was boxing. I think it will take after it's daddy!!! Jeff was able to be there with me, and we both realy enjoyed it. We should get some more pictures in a few weeks, I will make sure to post those when I get them.


We had a very quiet Christmas. We both realized that next Christmas, we will have a 6 month old (!!!) so we enjoyed the peace and quiet while we could! Since then, we have just been trying to relax some and catch up from the past few months. Whew! I'm looking forwards to the routine of the next few months.


Jeff confessed to me today that I indeed did marry a little boy who loves his toys. We spent a good hour or more in Sportsman's Warehouse today, buying a reloading kit and life-size deer to shoot arrows at. As soon as we finished our lunch after getting it home, the huge box was in front of our tv and he was pulling his deer out of the box and putting it together. Here he is with the new addition to our backyard:



Well, not much else to tell for now. Happy New Years everyone. This should one heck of a year!

No comments: