Sunday, January 18, 2009



I finally figured out how to upload this video! I hope you all enjoy it. It is from Thanksgiving when we first told our parents that we were having a baby. You can see their reactions in the video. Pretty funny!

Things have been going well here. I am in the 5th month now! Only 2 more weeks until we are half way there. Crazy idea. I am feeling much better, my main issues now are being tired by the end of the day, and having ligament pain on my sides if I move too fast or cough. Oh, and the peeing all the time thing, that's fun too. SO many things they don't tell you about until after you get pregnant!

People are finally starting to notice at work that I am showing. However, people who don't know me find it hard to believe that I'm over 4 months pregnant. I guess it's those strong abs I have worked so hard for so many years (bye bye abs).

Here are a few new pictures:



Yeh I don't really look pregnant at all from the front yet, at least not really to other people. I had a haircut and prenatal massage Saturday and they didn't believe I was this far along! The massage was wonderful though, I think I fell asleep at the end! My neck is still killing me though, I think I need to see a chiropractor.

From the side view, you can definitely see the baby bump now though, yay! I have decided that a nice bonus to the growing belly is that it balances out my butt and makes it look smaller. Horay!

I went to visit my new baby doctor on Wednesday and this is a much nicer practice, I'm glad I stuck up for myself and left the old doctor who was mean. Who needs that? While I was there I got to hear the heartbeat for the first time, which was awesome. Beating away! However it was laying way down at the very bottom, right on my bladder. What is it doing down there? I also found out that I have gained almost 10 pounds so far, geez. Where did it all go!

Jeff and I went on a tour today of the hospital where we will have the baby. We will deliver at St. Joseph's (http://www.carondelet.org/WomensCare/cb_intro.aspx). They have a brand new maternity ward which just opened 8 months ago! It looks like a great place to have a baby. Now it's time to start taking classes there so that we can figure out what to do with it once it comes out!

So here is some news: we decided for sure that we don't want to find out what the gender is. Anyone else not find out? We want the surprise at the end. And of course it wouldn't be Sarah and Jeff if we didn't make things complicated!

Other news: I will be coming home in April for a baby shower! I'm so excited. I can't wait to see everyone, and I will be pretty far along by then. And I will get home the day after my dad's birthday. Fun Times!

So what do you all think about this for the nursery: http://www.nurserydepot.com/cribbedding/productdetails.asp?id=1-10001834-10001838-143642-4-2&id2=602-0-0-0-0& ? Jeff loves it, and I think it is very cute and perfect for a boy or girl. We haven't set up any registries yet, but my sister found this and we think we like it!

So here are some new pics of Jeff:

Here is Jeff getting his gear together for a base exercise. He was practicing putting on his gas mask. I wasn't about to try it on!

Here are pictures of Jeff during and after shaving his head. He decided to go for the change, and I think it looks great! Much easier and cheaper than going to the barber shop too, now we have our own barber shop out on the back patio. And no, we didn't leave the mohawk on, that was just for fun :-)

No comments: